Reproduction licence for a venue
The consumer’s free right to copy music is limited to purely private use, so a reproduction licence is always required for using recorded music as background music. Music purchased from music stores intended for private use cannot be played in public spaces without a reproduction licence. Recording licences for copying music for public performance can be obtained from Musiikkiluvat Oy.
Read the products special conditions.
The reproduction licences for audio and audiovisual productions (films, commercials, TV shows, etc.) are granted by NCB and Gramex (audiovisual only).
If you already are our customer and have a user account in MyLicence service, you can choose a previously added venue. Login
Information about the licence
- The licence allows the customer to copy or download music in a specified venue for public performance.
- The licence allows the copying of recordings published for commercial purposes onto another recording used for public performance
- The licence also includes the right, contrary to the purchasing conditions, to publicly perform tracks purchased on online stores intended for private use
- The licence does not cover public performance: the venue must be in possession of valid Gramex and Teosto public performance licences
- The licence does not entitle the selling of commercial recordings or audiovisual productions (films, commercials, TV programs, etc.). Licences for audio and audiovisual productions should be applied for from NCB (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Gramex (email@example.com), in the case of audiovisual productions
- The licence is venue specific and covers the venue identified by the customer.
- A company with several venues needs its own separate recording and music usage licence for each venue
- The billing cycle is selected when purchasing a license, and it can be annual, semi-annual or quarterly
- The licence is valid until further notice and the notice period for the licence is one month