Music streaming services for businesses in Finland
If you don’t want to spend your time building your own playlists or juggling CDs, you can play music of your choice from a streaming service. On this page, you’ll find information on which music streaming services are available for businesses in Finland and how to make sure you are using legal music for your business.
What kind of music streaming services can my business use?
Music streaming services allow you to access a wide variety of music and playlists for different kinds of purposes. When you want to use a streaming service in your restaurant, salon, or shop, make sure you use a service that caters specifically to businesses. Most popular streaming services for consumers don’t allow using their music commercially.
There are several streaming services for businesses available in Finland, offering ready-made playlists for different moods and uses, turnkey solutions, and professional help in setting the right kind of mood with the music. The platforms can also offer other services, such as audio advertising or karaoke.
Music streaming services for businesses available in Finland:
- Audience First
- DJ Online
- Soundtrack Your Brand (former Spotify for Business)
- Feelment (karaoke, digital signature, sports channels on TV)
- Singa Business (karaoke)
Do I need a music licence for using a streaming service?
Once you have found the best music streaming service for your business needs, remember to purchase a music licence from Musiikkiluvat.
There are different kinds of licences for different types and sizes of businesses, so you only pay for how you use music. Getting the licence means you are using copyrighted music legally and ensuring that musicians get compensated for their work.
If you want to make your playlists by using music from a CD or buying songs from online services such as Apple Music or Google play, remember to get a licence for recorded music on your device.
Background music checklist for your business
- Understand your goals: What kind of an effect do you wish the music to have? Will it play in the background to set a soothing atmosphere, get people excited, entertain your guests, or boost sales? Choose the music and channels for it accordingly.
- Plan how you will play the music: What kind of equipment do you need? Are you planning to play music on the radio, play CDs or use a streaming service? Will there be karaoke or other ways of utilising music in your establishment?
- Get a music licence from Musiikkiluvat: A comprehensive licence is the simplest way to make sure you are using music legally and that the musicians get compensated for their work.
If you want to learn more about using music in your business or what type of licence is right for you, don’t hesitate to be in touch!