Music in professional dramatics
The music in professional dramatics licence covers the public performance of phonograms in professional dramatics and circuses as granted by Gramex.
Read the product’s special terms and conditions.
If you already are our customer and have a user account in MyLicence service, you can choose a previously added venue. Login
Information about the licence
- The licence covers the public performance of phonograms (eg. TV, radio, computer, CD and streaming services suitable for public use) in professional dramatics and circuses as granted by Gramex.
- The licence also covers the performance of background music in theater premises during intermissions and immediately before or after the theater performance as granted by Gramex. The license also covers the copying of phonograms required in theater performances.
- The licence does not cover other activities taking place in the theater or circus premises, such as cafe or restaurant activities, and these need to be licensed with a suitable product, e.g. background music in a restaurant.
- The corresponding licences from Teosto are also required.
- The licence is production specific and is granted for an individualized professional theater
- The price of the licence is determined by the number of seats at the theater and the number of times the production is performed
- The customer informs us of their music usage in the MyLicence service at least once a year or always after the end of production, after which the invoice is generated based on the information provided by the customer